The AIØ6 Universal Analog Input module processes up to 8 high-level, CH-2-CH isolated, analog input field signals. Each channel is independently configurable for high-level (4 to 20 mA or 1 to +5 VDC), RTD, mV, and TC analog input signal ranges. FC 221 (I/O Device Definition) sets AI module operating parameters and each input channel is configured using FC 222 (Analog Input CH) to set individual input channel parameters such as engineering units, High/Low alarm limits, etc.
Each input channel has a dedicated A/D converter that provides 24-bit resolution with polarity. The AIØ5 module will update all 8 input channels in 100 msecs.
In current mode, the AIØ6 module provides short circuit protection by limiting current to a maximum of 96 mA. The AIØ6 module will also detect an open circuit in less than 400 msec.
Features and benefits
- 8 independently configurable channels supporting:
- Hi Lvl: 4 to 20 mADC, 0/1... +5 VDC, or -10/0...+10 VDC
- TC types: E, J, K, R, S, T, B, L, N (14 & 28 AWG), U, Chinese TC types: E & S
- mV Ranges: 0 to 100 mV or -100 to +100 mV
- RTDs: 100 Ω Platinum U.S. Lab & Industry Std., 100 Ω Platinum European Std., 120 Ω Nickel, Chinese 53 Ω Copper, 10 Ω Copper
- A/D resolution is 24-Bit
- A/D update of all 8 Channels in 100 msecs
- Accuracy from is ±0.03 % to ±0.1 of Full Scale Range (FSR)