The AIØ1 Analog Input module processes up to 16 high level, group isolated, Analog Input field signals. Each channel is independently configurable. FC 221 (I/O Device Definition) sets AI module operating parameters and each input channel is configured using FC 222 (Analog Input Channel) to set indivdual input channel parameters such as engineering units, High/Low alarm limits, etc. The AIØ1 Analog Input module supports several high level signal ranges.
A/D resolution of each channel is configurable from 12 to 16 bits with polarity. The AIØ1 module has two A/D converters, each with 8 input channels. The module will update each configured CH in 22.5 msec, for a total of 180 msec if all 16 channels are configured.
In current mode, the AIØ1 module provides short circuit protection by limiting current to 96 mA. The AIØ1 module will also detect an open circuit in less than 15 seconds.
Features and benefits
- 16 independently configurable channels supporting:
- 4 to 20 mADC, 0/1 to +5 VDC, or -10/0 to +10 VDC
- Configurable A/D resolution 12 to 16-Bit (with polarity)
- 22.5 msec update per CH, 180 msec update for all 16 CHs
- Accuracy is ±0.1 % of Full Scale Range where FSR = 25 mA or 20 VDC