The AOØ2 Analog Output module processes up to 16 high level, group isolated, analog output field signals. Each channel is independently configurable for either 4 to 20 mA or 1 to +5 VDC ranges. FC 221 (I/O Device Definition) sets AO module operating parameters and each output channel is configured using FC 223 (Analog Output CH) to set indivdual output channel parameters such as engineering units, High/Low Alarm limits, default value in event of loss of communication with controller, etc.
D/A resolution of each channel is 12 bits. The AOØ2 module has one D/A converter for each output channel.
In current mode, the AOØ2 module supports HART v5.4 instruments and provides short circuit protection by limiting current to a maximum of 26 mA. The AOØ2 module will also detect an open circuit in less than 5 seconds.
Features and benefits
- 16 independently configurable channels supporting:
- 4 to 20 mADC, or 1 to +5 VDC
- Up to 20 HART v5.4 secondary variables Total, max 4 sec vars per analog output CH
- Secondary HART variable update 2.5 typical, 8 max seconds
- 12-Bit D/A converter resolution
- Current mode load up to 750
- Accuracy is ±0.1 % of Full Scale Range where FSR = 25 mA or 6.25 VDC