The AIØ5 Analog Input module processes up to 8 high level, CH-2-CH isolated, analog input field signals. Each channel is independently configurable for either 4 to 20 mA or 1 to +5 VDC ranges. FC 221 (I/O Device Definition) sets AI module operating parameters and each input channel is configured using FC 222 (Analog Input CH) to set indivdual input channel parameters such as engineering units, High/Low alarm limits, etc.
A/D resolution of each channel is configurable from 12 to 16 bits with polarity. The AIØ5 module has a dedicated A/D converter for each input channel. The module will update all 8 input channels in 100 msecs.
In current mode, the AIØ5 module supports HART v5.4 instruments and provides short circuit protection by limiting current to a maximum of 96 mA. The AIØ5 module will also detect an open circuit in less than 5 seconds.
Features and benefits
- 8 independently configurable channels supporting:
- 4 to 20 mADC
- 1 to +5 VDC
- Up to 32 HART v5.4 secondary variables Total, max 4 sec vars per analog input CH
- 16-Bit (with polarity) A/D resolutionV
- A/D update of all 16 Channels in 100 msecs
- Accuracy is ±0.1 % of Full Scale Range where FSR = 25 mA or 6.5 VDC