The SD Series SPC8ØØ are the newest additions to the Symphony Plus controller family. SPC8ØØ controller features include; modular high-density design, low energy consumption, flexible DIN-Rail column or row mounting, and extreme operating temperature range (-40 to +70 degC).
The SPC8ØØ controllers also are high-performance process controllers that support all types of control requirements including discrete, continuous, sequential, and advanced control applications. SPC8ØØ controllers are capable of executing control applications that demanding in terms of both data and computations.
The mounting bases of the SPC8ØØ controllers have (4) RJ45 Ethernet ports PN8ØØA and PN8ØØB for connection to the PN8ØØ Plant Network, EN 2A for connection to an optional SNTP network that provides precise time synchronization, and EN 2B for connection to MODBUS TCP networks.
SPC8ØØ supports up to 30,000 Function Blocks, 1000 hardwired IO, up to 8 remote IO links. SPC8ØØ is capable of executing closed-loop control logic for up to 5000 process IO in less than 250 msec.
SPC8ØØVK02 is a vertical column mount, redundant controller kit that includes: 2x SPC8ØØ modules + 1x VB71Ø base + 2x TER81Ø bus terminators.
Features and benefits
- SIMPLE: SPC8ØØ controllers provide time proven solutions optimized for processed control
- SCALABLE: SPC8ØØ is optimized for medium-sized control applications of up to 5000 process I/O
- SEAMLESS: SPC8ØØ controllers connect directly to SD Series IO over the redundant HN800 IO bus
- SECURE: S+ systems using SPC8ØØ controllers have been certified to Security Level 1 as defined by IEC 62443
- SPC8ØØ controllers are configured by the S+ Engineering Tool Suite
- SPC8ØØ hardware is designed for optimum communication connectivity (Ethernet, PROFIBUS DP, IEC 104, etc.)