The VPØ1 Valve Positioner module provides control of the flow of steam, gas, or water through a turbine by precisely regulating the position of the inlet valves. It is intended for modulation of hydraulic actuators via servo valves or I/H converters..
The VPØ1 performs closed loop control for servo valves utilizing single or redundant position feedback devices, or open loop control for current drive valves. It offers a response time from input to output under 1 millisecond and can generate servo output signals up to 500 milliamps per servo coil output. The feedback devices can be AC or DC LVDT’s and the control output can be Proportional-Integral or Proportional-Only.
Features and benefits
- The VPØ1 Valve Positioner controls the flow of steam, gas, or water thru a turbine by precisely regulating the position of inlet valves
- 16-Bit resolution of analog inputs & outputs
- Input signals are updated every millisecond
- Coil drive surrents up to 500mA
- Support for several types of position feedback devices
- Sinusoidal excitation signals from 1.05 to 8.96 Vrms and frequencies from 400 to 15,000 Hz
- 2x Form A contact, max 400 mA @ +24 VDC Digital Outputs