The RAIØ4 Redundant Analog Input module processes up to 16 TC and mV, group isolated, input field signals. Each channel is independently configurable. FC 221 (I/O Device Definition) sets AI module operating parameters and each input channel is configured using FC 222 (Analog Input CH) to set indivdual input channel parameters such as engineering units, High/Low alarm limits, etc.
A/D resolution of each channel is 16 bits with polarity. The RAIØ4 module has 4 A/D converters, each serving 4 input channels. The module will update 16 input channels in 300 msecs.
The AIØ4 module is automatically calibrated, hence there is no need for manual calibration. Cold Junction Compensation is configurable and can use the RTD embeded in the module mounting base, an external RTD connected to TB3 of module base, or a separate application input configured by the user.
Features and benefits
- 16 independently configurable channels supporting:
- TC types: E, J, K, R, S, T, B, L, N (14 & 28 AWG), U
- Chinese TC types: E & S
- mV Ranges: 0 to 100 mV or -100 to +100 mV
- 16-Bit (with polarity) A/D resolutionV
- A/D update of all 16 Channels in 300 msecs
- Accuracy is ±0.05 % of Full Scale Range where FSR = 200 mV