The AIØ2 Analog Input module processes up to 16 high level, group isolated, analog input field signals. Each channel is independently configurable for either 4 to 20 mA or 1 to +5 VDC ranges. FC 221 (I/O Device Definition) sets AI module operating parameters and each input channel is configured using FC 222 (Analog Input Channel) to set indivdual input channel parameters such as engineering units, High/Low alarm limits, etc.
A/D resolution of each channel is configurable from 12 to 16 bits with polarity. The AIØ2 module has one A/D converter for all 16 input channels. The module will update 16 input channels in 100 msecs.
In current mode, the AIØ2 module supports HART v5.4 instruments and provides short circuit protection by limiting current to a maximum of 96 mA. The AIØ2 module will also detect an open circuit in less than 5 seconds.
Features and benefits
- 16 independently configurable channels supporting:
- 4 to 20 mADC or 1 to +5 VDC
- Up to 24 HART v5.4 secondary variables Total
- Max 4 sec vars per analog input CH
- Sec HART variables available to control logic
- 12 to 16-Bit (with polarity) A/D resolutionV
- A/D update of all 16 Channels in 100 msecs
- Accuracy is ±0.1 % of Full Scale Range where FSR = 25 mA or 6.25 VDC